[Vision2020] Gratitude for Hospitality . . . NOT

Saundra Lund sslund@adelphia.net
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:48:56 -0800

Lest anyone be too impressed with Doug Wilson's letter of thanks to SUB
security staff & MPD for doing their duty during his recent "history"
conference (Daily News 2/14-15/2004), following is what his "good friend"
George Grant had to say about our community's concerns:
"I am speaking this week at an annual history conference sponsored by the
journal Credenda Agenda. This year's conference is mired in a bit of
controversy--the brief and rather boring explanation for the controversy is
simply that the local
save-the-starving-third-world-lesbian-co-dependent-whales throng is
astonished and offended that the speakers have failed to pay tribute to its
revolutionary
I-am-you-and-you-are-me-and-we-are-all-together-joo-joo-ga-joob ideology of
political correctness. "
http://kingsmeadow.com/blogger.html

And this jerk is supposed to be the most "scholarly" of The Three
Stooges?!?!  Uh-oh . . . they're in trouble . . . big, Big trouble.

I'll tell ya, my hubby was sure shocked to read me described as a lesbian
;-)

Oh, yeah . . . this is a person we want to visit our community again:  he
was so grateful for the hospitality extended to him by our community.  And,
he shows such *insight* into the issues that upset our community!  Truly a
scholarly man, to be sure!

I hope those at the UI in charge of making decisions about what groups to
allow to rent out UI facilities are now completely aware of the characters
of these sad men and will take that knowledge into account for any future
decisions about allowing this group to take over the SUB or any other part
of campus.  This group is the kind of guest I'd not be welcoming back in the
future . . . I was raised to believe that not only is it bad manners to bite
the hand that feeds you, it's just plain STUPID.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
-Edmund Burke