[Vision2020] Voting and Protesting: History's Lessons?

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:48:25 EST

-------------------------------1076554104

Tom and Ted,

You would have to change the Constitution to do that. 1/3 of the Senate must
be elected every two years. Now you could elect 1/3 the states and rotate.
However, that would require a change in law too because terms are for 6 years and
would change the term cycle. It would also change elections nationally. So,
it ain't gonna happen.

If you want Idaho to have a Democratic Representative you need to convert
Kootenai County. Eight of the nine northern counties in Idaho's 1st congressional
district are Democrat. If you got Kootenai County, and evened out in Ada like
we have in the last 4 years, we would get the seat back.

Donovan J Arnold

-------------------------------1076554104

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Tom and Ted,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You would have to change the Constitution to do that. 1/3 of the Senate=
 must be elected every two years. Now you could elect 1/3 the states and rot=
ate. However, that would require a change in law too because terms are for 6=
 years and would change the term cycle. It would also change elections natio=
nally. So, it ain't gonna happen. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If you want Idaho to have a Democratic Representative you need to conve=
rt Kootenai County. Eight of the nine northern counties in Idaho's 1st congr=
essional district are Democrat. If you got Kootenai County, and evened out i=
n Ada like we have in the last 4 years, we would get the seat back. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Donovan J Arnold</DIV></BODY></HTML>