[Vision2020] Voting and Protesting: History's Lessons?

Aldoussoma@aol.com Aldoussoma@aol.com
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 06:13:05 EST

--part1_136.2a507314.2d5cb9c1_boundary

Donovan:

Wow, the law would need to be changed to facilitate proportional
representation?  Well, knock me over with feather, I never imagined that!

Let's just give up on the idea of change in our election system that could
make for a more fair and democratic society.  Those silly pie in the sky
dreamers, they should just wake up and smell the coffee, we're stuck with this rigged
election system and no power on earth can change it for the better.

Donovan has declared "It ain't gonna happen."

Sorry Donovan, but the future is not written in stone in my book, and changes
can happen that no one would imagine!  Think if you predicted in 1900 that by
2004 women would be posing topless during football games on magic viewing
screens all over the planet for hundreds of millions to view simultaneously, men
would have walked on the moon already so people would be rather bored with the
idea, robots walking on Mars would transmit pictures to Earth with more
clarity than a person could see standing on Mars, thinking machines could hold
every book written by humankind in a small box and outplay the greatest geniuses
at chess, hearts would be transplanted from one human to another as routine
surgery, interracial marriage in the US would become so common as to not even be
worth noticing, four single fun loving women with independent careers in New
York City who love sex and have lots of it on that magic viewing screen star in
a very popular drama broadcast again to an audience of hundreds of millions,
China and Russia would undergo massive revolutions that shattered entrenched
political/cultural traditions, Germany would slaughter 6 million Jews in an
attempt at genocide, a weapon would be developed that is so powerful that one
bomb carried by one unmanned flying machine could destroy an entire city of ten
million people... need I go on?

How many people would have said "It ain't gonna happen."

Ted Moffett

--part1_136.2a507314.2d5cb9c1_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>
<BR>Donovan:
<BR>
<BR>Wow, the law would need to be changed to facilitate proportional represe=
ntation? &nbsp;Well, knock me over with feather, I never imagined that!
<BR>
<BR>Let's just give up on the idea of change in our election system that cou=
ld make for a more fair and democratic society. &nbsp;Those silly pie in the=
 sky dreamers, they should just wake up and smell the coffee, we're stuck wi=
th this rigged election system and no power on earth can change it for the b=
etter. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Donovan has declared "It ain't gonna happen."
<BR>
<BR>Sorry Donovan, but the future is not written in stone in my book, and ch=
anges can happen that no one would imagine! &nbsp;Think if you predicted in=20=
1900 that by 2004 women would be posing topless during football games on mag=
ic viewing screens all over the planet for hundreds of millions to view simu=
ltaneously, men would have walked on the moon already so people would be rat=
her bored with the idea, robots walking on Mars would transmit pictures to E=
arth with more clarity than a person could see standing on Mars, thinking ma=
chines could hold every book written by humankind in a small box and outplay=
 the greatest geniuses at chess, hearts would be transplanted from one human=
 to another as routine surgery, interracial marriage in the US would become=20=
so common as to not even be worth noticing, four single fun loving women wit=
h independent careers in New York City who love sex and have lots of it on t=
hat magic viewing screen star in a very popular drama broadcast again to an=20=
audience of hundreds of millions, China and Russia would undergo massive rev=
olutions that shattered entrenched political/cultural traditions, Germany wo=
uld slaughter 6 million Jews in an attempt at genocide, a weapon would be de=
veloped that is so powerful that one bomb carried by one unmanned flying mac=
hine could destroy an entire city of ten million people... need I go on?=20
<BR>
<BR>How many people would have said "It ain't gonna happen."
<BR>
<BR>Ted Moffett
<BR>
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_136.2a507314.2d5cb9c1_boundary--