[Vision2020] Fw: Not like most of us

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:24:34 -0800

I strongly agree with you, Joan.

Another couple items of interest.

1)  When I enlisted into the U.S. Army in June of 1969 there was an 18-month
waiting list to get into the National Guard.  There was a 6-month waiting
list to get into the Navy.  The Army had me in a barracks at Fort Ord within
48 hours.  The waiting list to get into the Alabama or Texas National Guard
during Vietnam must have been non-existent, which I seriously doubt.  Money.
Money.  Money.  It's what keeps your sons and daughters at home at times of
conflict.

2)  When the Dems repudiated Dubya's military record by saying that he
missed National Guard meetings, Dubya's response was that he received an
honorable discharge and that should be sufficient proof that he made all his
meetings.  Trust me.  You don't have to be an Audie Murphy to receive an
honorable discharge.  I was discharged honorably upon retirement and I know
that I had accummulated at least ten days of "bad time" (AWOL time) over the
previous 20 years.

Dubya says that he is a "war" president.  He may be.  But he CERTAINLY is
NOT a soldiers' president.

Take care,

Tom Hansen
Intolerista to the Stars