[Vision2020] Valentine's Day Fundraiser

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 23:44:02 EST

-------------------------------1076129042

Amy,

Thanks. I realize we were just having a misunderstanding. Yes, I do think I
was unfairly denied food stamps. However, nothing I can do about it now since I
have gotten a job since then that is paying over the $973 a month. I was
trying to get stamps before then when I had zero income and could not find a job.
They denied me on bases of my IRA account. I don't think it is fair to count
my IRA for two reasons. 1) It worth hardly a thing if you cash it out now, and
2), it takes about 6-8 weeks to get the money, which doesn't feed me now.
Then of course I pulled money from one of my credit cards and put it in my
checking account to pay my rent. They then counted that money as cash on hand
because the apartment complex didn't pull the money from the account yet.

So now, I am just more in debt, and didn't get anything. I was also denied
any medical coverage, or anything else. They assume, I guess, that I should just
keep living off my credit cards. This is stupid.

I am no longer a college student so this doesn't count against me. However, I
was living off my former loans while looking for a job.

There are a lot people in Idaho making $1000 a month. And you cannot live on
that. Maybe you could if you didn't have debt, or college loans, or a car, or
never got sick.

Anyway, thanks Amy for helping people with this stuff. I do agree that the
"able bodied" plan is pure garbage. People assume you are lazy because you
cannot find a job. It is not just getting a job, I have one, it is getting a job
that pays enough to cover rent, car, food, utilities, medical costs, and most of
all, college debt.

Donovan J Arnold

-------------------------------1076129042

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Amy,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks. I realize we were just having a misunderstanding. Yes, I do thi=
nk I was unfairly denied food stamps. However, nothing I can do about it&nbs=
p;now since I have gotten a job since then that is paying over the $973 a mo=
nth. I was trying to get stamps before then when I had zero income and could=
 not find a job. They denied me on bases of my IRA account. I don't think it=
 is fair to count my IRA for two reasons. 1) It worth hardly a thing if you=20=
cash it out now, and 2), it takes about 6-8 weeks to get the money, which do=
esn't feed me now.</DIV>
<DIV>Then of course I pulled money from one of my credit cards and put it in=
 my checking account to pay my rent. They then counted that money as cash on=
 hand because the apartment complex didn't pull the money from the account y=
et. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>So now, I am just more in debt, and didn't get anything. I was also den=
ied any medical coverage, or anything else. They assume, I guess, that I sho=
uld just keep living off my credit cards. This is stupid.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am no longer a college student so this doesn't count against me. Howe=
ver, I was living off my former loans while looking for a job. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>There are a lot people in Idaho making $1000&nbsp;a month. And you cann=
ot live on that. Maybe you could if you didn't have debt, or college loans,=20=
or a car, or never got sick. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Anyway, thanks Amy for helping people with this stuff. I do agree that=20=
the "able bodied" plan is pure garbage. People assume you are lazy because y=
ou cannot find a job. It is not just getting a job, I have one, it is gettin=
g a job that pays enough to cover rent, car,&nbsp;food, utilities, medical c=
osts, and most of all, college debt. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Donovan J Arnold</DIV></BODY></HTML>