[Vision2020] The Damage Done in this Community

Art Deco deco@moscow.com
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 15:50:16 -0800

LuJane,

Were you ever cruelly bullied or had a close friend bullied in school?

If you could recall these experiences, perhaps you might begin to feel
empathy for others like the young woman below.  Its called opening your
heart and mind.  Though I am not a believer, I know this prescription
appears in one form or another in almost all of the world's major religions.

Feeling empathy could be the first step towards a greater understanding of
what those who are a little different in some harmless ways, yet become prey
for those who do not understand, do not want to understand, live in
ignorance and/or superstition, or who simply want to wantonly exercise
power.

Being gay is not leprosy.  It is a natural feeling that some people have.

Why should the rest of us attempt to tell other adults whom they can love or
whom they can choose to spend their life with?

Wayne Fox