[Vision2020] White House Ghosts

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 21 21:45:04 PST 2004

You know that there are ghosts in the White House. So Bush awoke in the
middle of the night recently, and there stood the ghost of Thomas Jefferson.

Bush asked, "President Jefferson, what can I do to better serve the
country?"
Jefferson replied, "Properly observe the Constitution." Bush thought to
himself, "Uh oh. Too late for that!"

The next time he awoke, there stood President Franklin D. Roosevelt. Bush
asked the same question again, to which FDR replied," Avoid foreign
entanglements."
Thinking of Iraq, he once again thought, "Wow! Too late for that!"

The third ghost turned out to be none other than President Abraham Lincoln.
So Bush asked again, "Mr. President, what advice can you give me so that I
can better serve the country?" Lincoln replied, "Go to a play."