[Vision2020] Gary Schroeder dethroned

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 3 18:24:52 PST 2004

Joan,

Gary and Tom cannot be in office and join the Democratic Party. In order to
win the nomination you need the support of Democrats. Gary and Tom, because
of their evil tactics in the last campaign, mistreatment of Democrats and
members of MCA, would be unable to win. This would have been an option for
them in the past, because of their voting records. However, you don't draw
blood from Democrats and expect them to support you for their nomination two
years later.

I for one would work very hard to stop either one from being nominated for
any position in the Democratic Party. They have not served their time
helping the party.

The other point is the fact that they are not Democrats, they are
Republicans. If you actually look at the voting record of Trail, it is much
more Republican than Democrat. Gary does vote more liberal, however, that is
only because he knows he has to in order to keep his job. Neither one really
believe in the Democratic Party.

I have never voted for Gary in the Primary because I am a Democrat and thus
vote in the Democratic Primary. Nor did I vote for him in the General
Election because  his behavior during the General Election was inappropriate
and unbecoming of a State Senator.

Anyone that voted for Schroeder because he was Chair of the Education
Committee voted for him for the wrong reasons in the first place. The only
reason they gave him the Chair was so they could keep the District 6 Senate
Seat. They don't need that seat anymore, so they are giving the chairmanship
to another loyal conservative Republican. This doesn't mean Schroeder is not
a Republican. It means he was balancing between voting what he and the
Republican party believes in, and voting for what the people in Latah want.
He failed to make that balance. I am really surprised though that the
Republicans would be that mean to their own members. Nonetheless, that this
how the Republican Party in Idaho operates. Schroeder made his bed, and now
he must sleep in it. Trail, as I understand it, is leaving office in the
next year or two.

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold