[Vision2020] I witnessed this with my own eyes

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Fri Dec 3 10:27:15 PST 2004

JAMES K. GALBRAITH, galbraith at mail.utexas.edu,
http://www.utexas.edu/lbj/faculty/galbraith.html
Galbraith teaches at the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs at the
University of Texas at Austin. He said today: "The [Ukraine] election was
stolen. That's not in doubt. Secretary of State Colin Powell admitted it. The
National Democratic Institute and the International Republican Institute both
admitted it. ... In Washington, former National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzezinski
demanded that the results be set aside and a new vote taken, under the eye --
no less -- of the United Nations. ... Personally, I don't know whether the
Ukrainian election was really stolen. ... But if the Ukraine standard were
applied in Ohio -- as it should be -- then the late lamented U.S. election
certainly was stolen. In Ohio, the secretary of state in charge of the elections
process was co-chairman of the Bush campaign in the state. He obstructed the vote
count systematically -- for instance, by demanding that provisional ballots
without birth dates on their envelopes be thrown out, even though there is no
requirement for that in state law. He also required that provisional ballots be
cast in a voter's home precinct, ensuring that there would be no escape from
long lines. Republicans fielded thousands of election challengers to Democratic
precincts, mainly to try to intimidate black voters and to slow down the
voting process. A recount, demanded and paid for by the Green and Libertarian
parties, has been stalled in court, so that it won't possibly upset the
certification of Ohio's electoral votes. In Franklin County, Ohio, there was rampant
abuse, with voting machines added in Republican precincts and taken away in
Democratic ones, as documented by the Columbus Dispatch. The result was a crippling
pileup at the polls; many thousands did not vote because they simply could not
afford to wait. I witnessed this with my own eyes."

For more information, contact at the Institute for Public Accuracy:
Sam Husseini, (202) 347-0020; or David Zupan, (541) 484-9167