[Vision2020] FW: Bush: Kerry's Vietnam Tour 'More Heroic'

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Mon Aug 30 23:14:45 PDT 2004

Pat, et. al.

I do not know of any ads against Bush that are gaining the traction and
exposure in the media, that are generating the controversy that the "Swift Boat
Veterans For Truth" ads are creating.  Is it fair that Kerry is being charged
with lying about his war medals, over and over in the media, during the run up to
the election, while the questions about Bush's National Guard service, very
serious questions regarding whether he skipped out on his obligations, etc.,
are receiving scant attention?

Anyway, the Swift Boat ads do not originate, officially, from the Republican
party, so to compare these ads to ads the DNC is running, is comparing
political ads from sources that are under different legal regulations for political
advertising.

I'm not up on all the details of latest regulations regarding political
advertising, but the Swift Boat Veterans ads are under different regulations than
the ads the Republican party runs.  These ads are somehow being supported and
aired independently of the Republican party (wink, wink). There are charges
that there are violations of the regulations regarding political advertising
insofar as the Swift Boat Veteran ads involve connections to the Bush campaign and
the Republican party that are not allowed under the new laws
(McCain/Feingold?).

Ted Moffett