[Vision2020] Moscow Chamber is public too

debismith at moscow.com debismith at moscow.com
Fri Aug 27 18:23:03 PDT 2004

Debbie Gray thinks V2020 should get a hobby. I'm here to tell her V2020 IS my
hobby---at least one of about 40. It is too much fun to participate in the dialogue, the
in-fighting, the in-sulting, and the exposing! If I were paid to do this, I would happily
quit my day job, much as I love it.

As for those who want V2020 to stop being "nasty", I want to remind them who
started many of the frays we see here. The posters to V2020 may have little liking for
some other posters, but to accuse those who dislike Doug Wilson of "silencing" or
"intimidating" others and thus inhibiting free speech, I gotta say:

"Jump on the Way-Back Machine, Sherman", and journey to that not so long ago day
when Doug Wilson called a Town Hall Meeting. Wilson's version of "dialogue" is to
badger, insult, one-up, and (if all else fails) call the opposing party "dull, shrill, and
boring".

(Yeah, yeah, I know that includes a bunch of "no,no" punctuation---get over it!)

Doug chickened out of V2020 when the rooster got dropped into the frier, and now
just posts his random thoughts in his blog---he didn't withdraw because he was
intimidated (nothing intimidates Mr. Ego) but because he was getting seriously
singed.

As for so many lurking without posting: Can't speak for anyone else, but I lurk (and
laugh) when Joan, Rosemary, Saundra, and Tom say what I want to, only better. I
also enjoy the posts from Pat and Dan, as well as the occasional Neo-con from out-
of-state. I was sorry to see some of the Christ Churchers stop posting---they often
gave me pause to think.

That said, you won't get any sympathy from me for those too cowardly to rebut an
opinion or argument here---V2020 is a discussion of things that concern all of
Moscow, and if you haven't got the stones or ovaries to stand up and be counted,
sad to say you won't be. By the way, I personally like it that Captain Kirker is a
mystery. And anyone who is intimidated through a computer has a few problems we
can't address here. You CAN be "unknown" and still post an opinion, idea, dissent, or
what-the-hell-ever. It is an open forum.

Debi R-S

"There are masked words abroad, I say, which nobody understands, but which
everybody uses, and most people will also fight for, or even die for, fancying they
mean this, or that, or the other, of things dear to them".--------------John Ruskin