[Vision2020] Re: Chamber President and FirstBank

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 27 01:22:42 PDT 2004

Ted R, Pat, etc.,

I find it interesting that you ignore 3/4 of what I was saying and attack on
the one issue I don't dispute, that I don't know the accounting books of the
Chamber of Commerce. I concede that I don't, and apparently either does the
Chamber President or the Executive Director, so I don't feel to bad about
it.

As to what Ms. Kraut was saying, no, it isn't slander. Slander first off is
spoken language, not written. Second, Ms. McMillan is a public figure, and
subject to public scrutiny. Finally, I expressed my opinion about someone,
as an opinion, not as fact. I know you are opposed to people having opinions
other than your own, however, that First Amendment does protect me. I also
have the right to do with my money as I please (within legal parameters of
course). If Ms. McMillan wants to enter the political arena then she is
going to pay that price. That means she is going to get some people in her
bank for her views, and she is going to lose them. That is why MOST business
people don't go around stating positions on controversial issues. It is just
not good business sense. I react to her statement of $12-$15K the same as if
I went to the counter and asked the balance of my account and they said,
somewhere between $5-8K. I would not say OK and walk away. Besides, I am now
making about 200% more on my interest bearing savings account at Latah
Federal then I am at FirstBank. So if my opposition to Slavery and bad
banking is not a good enough reason to move banks for you, maybe the fact
that I will make more money is an acceptable reason for you.

As to Mr. Ryan, I have no idea what you are even babbling about and why you
talk for two or three paragraphs about a checkbook. If you are talking about
your finances, you should grab the checkbook to make sure you are making
informed statements.

Neither one of you addressed the issues that I raised, why Ms. McMillan
never condemned the use of the Confederate Flag and why Robert E. Lee was
displayed as a prominent business leader. I believe that Ms. McMillan failed
in her duty to the Chamber by not representing the members  interests. You
would be surprised at how many people in the country already oppose Slavery,
even though it was abolished just "six score and 19 years ago".

Take Care,

Donovan J Arnold

PS, the reason most people don't post to Vision2020 is very simple, they
don't want to. :)