[Vision2020] Vera White's Article or where were you when the spit hit the fan?

Dick Schmidt dickschmidt at moscow.com
Thu Aug 26 20:51:26 PDT 2004

All,

I read Vera White's article last weekend and thank her for bringing some things to everyone's attention about our chamber of commerce. It is hard to understand why Mr. Kimmell would use Robert E. Lee as an example when the community has been up in arms about Christ Church and Doug Wilson's stand on slavery.

I'll bet Ms. McMillian wishes she had been more exact on quoting the balance in the chamber's checking account. I'm  sure that most chamber members pay their dues and hope someone else, the executive committee or whoever,  will make good use of their dues to help promote the City of Moscow. It appears that the executive committee needs to get more serious about how the chamber is being run. They have probably kept a "hands off" approach as long as there were no complaints.

It acts like Doug Wilson was involved in having Paul Kimmell promote Robert E. Lee to sort of "rub the Moscow citizen's noses" in Wilson's take on slavery.

I have a question for Wayne Fox...... you seem pretty well informed as to what is going on at the "cult center" with pictures, etc. so do you know if Robert E Lee is still worshiping there?

Dick Schmidt