[Vision2020] Re: Memo to Commissioner Kimmell

Pat Kraut pkraut at moscow.com
Mon Aug 23 22:48:58 PDT 2004

As I said...He lost yes but he did go on to lead a school. And Professor
Hume of WSU has a great letter from him that he reads as a part of his Civil
War class. He just may have something to teach us all about going on and not
giving up just because we have lost a cause we worked hard on. He knew
Lincoln, he was a general in the most divisive war we've had, so the things
he wrote after are very interesting. I'k like to suggest that since we don't
know what Paul was going to say about Lee or what part of his life he felt
was worthy of presenting in a leadership meeting that some of you might have
jumped the gun without any real information. But, you'd probably think I was
unfair.
PK