[Vision2020] Re: Memo to Commissioner Kimmell

Ted Ryan coffeemonkey100 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 23 21:51:02 PDT 2004

Um, please explain.  I really don't follow here.  The South lost, OK, yes.
Lee surrendered, OK, yes.  I don't know about you, but I didn't learn
anything new today.

I guess this means that losers and those who surrender have nothing to teach
us?  Correct me if I am wrong, but you didn't expound much on your lengthy
thesis.
I think that we would be foolish if we only used what is said by the victors
in war.  While I am not a historian (but I pretend to be one in this forum)
I do believe this would be a lousy way to study history.  In fact, there are
some that say there is often more to be learned in the studying of those
defeated then those victorious.

My team lost a softball game the other day, and the strangest thing
happened.  I went to work the next morning and there were messages on my
voicemail.  I called these people back and told them I had just lost the
night before, why do they want to hear from me?  I mean, I lost!  How could
a person who just lost be of any value?  How could a wise person loose?

Ted Ryan