[Vision2020] Don't go away mad

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 22 11:09:17 PDT 2004

Alan writes:

>I  should apologize to Miss Opry and I do so now… I should not have lifter her statement from her letter and >posted it without attribution.  It was also a mistake for me to insert myself into your local politics. (the things I get >myself into as the hour gets late)…   My apologies for that and I shall not return.

Now, now.  There’s no need to apologize, and no need to leave.  We’re a diverse bunch, and we can handle disagreement.  We don’t all have to be on the same page to co-exist on the same list (or, for that matter, in the same town).  Besides, I’m flattered that you would bother to track down one of my Co-Op columns; every writer writes to be read.  The problem Melynda addressed wasn’t with attribution but with comprehension, but never mind—the only thing worse than explaining a joke is repeating the punch line.

BTW, once again, my last name is Opyr not Opry.  Unless, of course, you’re a telemarketer.  Then, you can pronounce it Opry, or Oprah, or Oopsie, and I’ll be grateful because I’ll know to just hang up.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment