[Vision2020] Health Insurance Question

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 7 16:47:33 PDT 2004

Sorry to sound so stupid, but I guess maybe I am,

I finally was able to get Health Insurance after 5 years of not being able
to afford it, I mean real health insurance, not fake health insurance like
UI offers where they charge you but don't really cover anything I needed.

So I am not very experienced with health insurance coverage and was
wondering if someone could explain what this means,

Preexisting conditions:

"The preexisting medical condition waiting period only applies if you have a
condition for which medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment was
recommended, or received during the six months before the enrollment date."

My question is, "If I was not diagnosed as having something, but had
something and need to see a doctor about it because it has been bothering me
for the last six months, is this covered? And what if I was diagnosed for
something years ago, not in the last six months,  but not treated for it
because it was not covered in my former health insurance policy?

I am confused, because I haven't been diagnosed with anything in the last 6
months because I didn't have health insurance, so does this mean they will
or will not treat me?

I hope I am clear, and would appreciate anyone's input on the question of
preexisting condition exclusions policys for Blue Cross-Blue Shield, that
you may know and be able to explain to me.

I am not complaining, I am just curious, I am actually happy to once again
have health insurance.

Thanks,

Donovan J Arnold