[Vision2020] "Disfunctional Family" Values

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Thu Aug 5 12:42:47 PDT 2004

All-

Trivialities perhaps.

But the issue is how these incidents are laundered through the
media/political spin machine, and how this reflects attempts to manipulate public opinion
using incidents that distract us from other issues, etc.  I would not be
surprised if Bush's daughter's antics were not calculated for effect on his campaign,
to make Bush seem more like a regular parent with mischievous kids, just like
us regular Joe Six Pack folks.

And on this "personality appeal" political spin subject, why do we hear in
the media about W. Bush being a guy it would be fun to have a beer with, while
John Kerry would not be so fun, is not so much "one of the boys."  This same
line of nonsense was trotted out when W. Bush ran against Gore.  Who gives a
flying flock whether the leader of the most powerful nation of earth is fun to
have a beer with?  I know many people who are fun to drink with but I would
cringe in horror if they became President.

Ted Moffett