[Vision2020] NFL Player KIA

Dan Carscallen predator75@moscow.com
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 07:52:19 -0700

Steve and all:

A lot of people were fired up and talking all sorts of "let's go get
'em" after 9-11.  A lot were saying "if I could, I would go over there
and bust some heads!"

Pat Tillman didn't just talk the talk.

And that makes him a hero in my book, along with anyone else who signed
up for the same reasons he did.

DC

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]
On Behalf Of Steve Lindsey
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 7:42 AM
To: thansen@moscow.com; Donovan Arnold; vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: RE: [Vision2020] NFL Player KIA

Tom,

I don't disagree with you that Pat Tillman is a hero, but he is no more
a hero than the thousands of other soldiers that have volunteered to go
to Iraq, Afghanistan or where ever it is their country "needs" them.
Pat Tillman should be honored but what about the countless and nameless
other people that have been killed in these wars should they not be
respected and treated as heroes? Why does all the attention and calls
for heroism arise when a professional athlete dies?

Just my 2 cents

Steve