[Vision2020] Oil and the UN

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco@moscow.com
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:58:42 -0700

Mike, Pat, et al,

Perhaps the following might be of interest:

===============================
THE DAILY MIS-LEAD
< http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2415934&l=29982 >
===============================

BUSH STILL HAS NOT EXPLAINED TIES TO SAUDI ARABIA

Four days after esteemed journalist Bob Woodward revealed new ties between
President Bush and the Saudi Arabian government, the president has yet to
directly address the charges. According to Woodward, Saudi Arabia issued a
"pledge" to Bush to "increase [oil] production several million barrels a
day" over the summer "as we get closer to the election" (1).

Last month, Saudi Arabia led the fight within OPEC to cut production and
raise gas prices in America to record levels (2). However, since Woodward's
charges became public, the president has not answered whether that earlier
move by the Saudis was part of a deliberate effort to raise prices now so
that prices could then be lowered closer to the election.

The new allegations once again put President Bush's close ties to the Saudis
front and center. Despite the Saudi government's potential ties to
terrorists and 9/11 (3), the president still calls the Saudis "our friend"
(4) and Vice President Cheney continues to dote on the royal family (5). As
CBS News reports, Bush has "personal and deep financial ties with the Saudi
royal family" (6).  Author and journalist Craig Unger, who wrote House of
Bush, House of Saud, documents $1.4 billion that has "made its way" from the
Saudi royal family to "entities tied" to the Bush family.

Sources:
1. "Saudi Envoy Promised Bush a Drop in Oil Prices Ahead of Election",
Bloomberg News, 04/09/2004,
http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2415934&l=29983.
2. "Saudi envoy plays nice with White House on oil supply", USA Today,
04/02/2004,
http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2415934&l=29984.
3. "Saudi Government Provided Aid to 9/11 Hijackers, Sources Say", Los
Angeles Times, 08/02/2003, http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2415934&l=29985.
4. President Bush Vows to Bring Terrorists to Justice, 05/16/2003,
http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2415934&l=29986.
5. White House Photo Gallery,
http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2415934&l=29987.
6. "The Tangled Web Of U.S.-Saudi Ties", CBS News, 04/20/2004,
http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2415934&l=29988.

Visit Misleader.org for more about Bush Administration distortion. -->
< http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=2415934&l=29989 >

Subscribe to the Daily Mislead! Go to http://www.misleader.org and enter
your e-mail address in the "Receive the Daily Mislead" box in the
top-left corner of the page.