[Vision2020] stoplights

Philip Cook pcook818@adelphia.net
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:31:34 -0400

Tami,

After reading an article in the Argonaut last week, I asked Dave Couch with ITD what the scoop was. His reply follows.

Philip Cook
Moscow, ID

Philip,

Just got back into the office after being in Boise Monday-Wednesday and on the board tour Thursday.

We are working with the insurance company of the motorist who crashed into the controller cabinet to replace the controller equipment, and it sounds like that will take a while.  Since the cabinet was to be relocated to the northeast corner of the intersection under the roadway improvement contract (U of I requested that it be moved out of in front of their entry sign)and since the controller equipment was destroyed by the crash, we decided to go ahead and have the contractor start the signal system
relocation work early.   The resident engineer indicates that they may start work on it the last week in April.   It may be middle of June before it will be operational again.

I didn't find the article you noted in the Argonaut.

Let me know if you need more info.

Dave Couch