[Vision2020] Mock Trial - Logos Performance

Art Deco aka W. Fox deco@moscow.com
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:27:41 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_006A_01C42317.5631C9E0

Drew, et al,

>From the news article:

"Asking a witness a question knowing the judge will rule it stricken, but
getting it before the jury at least once.  The Logos team did that a few times."

The Logos team, therefore, knowingly and repeatedly violated the Rules of
Evidence.  That is called cheating.  Such behavior usually decreases the chances
of a fair trail.  Therefore, such behavior is egregiously antithetical to
justice.

If you go on through the learning process and become an attorney, when this
happens to you, you will no longer view it so casually and sympathetically.

I know that this is hard for you to accept now having made such strong
statements inconsistent with the statements of an experienced news reporter.  I
hope that for the sake of a legal career you can learn in years to come to view
the evidence objectively.  Objectivity is an important talent of a skilled
advocate.

Please do not think of these postings as a personal attack on you.  Your
sincerity comes through in your postings.  We disagree about interpretation.  I
have seen the violation of court rules and canons of the bar happen in real life
so many times, including happening to myself, that it is easy to recognize it
from the newspaper reporter's unequivocal lines.

Thank you, however, for expressing your opinion and sticking up for what you now
honestly believe.  Best of luck to you in your life.

Art Deco  (Wayne Fox)
deco@moscow.com