[Vision2020] Mock Trial - Logos Performance

NoMoreWalking4Me@aol.com NoMoreWalking4Me@aol.com
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:01:08 -0400

Some 'constructive' comments posted about the Mock Trial case:

"Send your children to Logos.  We'll
teach them how to prevail by cheating and dishonesty."

"In a few weeks the fecal stench of the
dishonorable, unprincipled way it was won will be just small, unpleasant,
nagging itch (if that) which in further time will be repressed entirely.  The
final paean will be "We won!  We won!  We're the greatest!" not the more
accurate "We cheated!  We won!  We're the sneakiest!".

"I might have congratulated these perhaps well-intentioned but misled young folks
for their effort and for winning had they in the process refused to follow their
instructors' obviously unscrupulous, dishonorable, though not unexpected
tutelage."

"Is Logos' dishonest conduct excused by the
Doctrine of Covenantal Lying or is there another justification?"

"Perhaps Logos is an ideal place for lawyers to start.
The text for their logic and rhetoric studies is The
Art of Deception.  How fitting for future lawyers and religious crackpots!"

If these comments are not insulting the Logos performance during the championship round that took place against my team that day, I'm not quite sure what is.  If the persons who posted these comments did indeed want to talk about other incidents that occured concerning the Logos school, they could have done so.  I would ask you keep Mock Trial out of your postings.  These comments not only degrade the Logos school, but they are personally insulting the students performances that day.  At this point, I find your comments unacceptable, and yes, prejudiced.  I will say again:  I was there that day, and the students acted with integrity, and did no dishonest actions.  They treated my team with respect, the judges with respect, and did no 'sneaky', 'cheating', or 'Art of Deception' type acts.

Drew Simon - Bishop Kelly Mock Trial Black Team Captain