[Vision2020] Dick Cheney's 2003 tax savings larger than your annual income.

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:13:23 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1798356579-1081966403=:45631

   9 out of 10 Demican/Republicrats Agree!

   Sure.
   Both candidates are millionaire Yalies with zero insight into the lives of average Americans? So what?
   Don't tell "our" voters/consumers that they're lacking the "vision thing." They should just be happy that we still even have the choice of Coke or Pepsi,,,um.... Demicans/Republicrats.

   Allow other candidates (candidates with their names on the ballots in enough states to win the Presidency) into debates to present their views to voters?
   Naaah, leave it to us---we've gotta repress...er restrict political debate. We dont want  "our" debate watching audience getting confused by ideas.
  After all there IS a genuine difference in how these two candidates would handle....um take the war in Iraq for example. Sure they're both for it---one proposed it and the other voted for it. The difference is.....lessseee....oh yeah....Kerry would send 40,000 more troops. Yeah, that's it!

  So you "Liberals" ---go out and "rebel" with JFKerry!
  Show us how radical you are. Sure he's an upper-class elitist muli-millionaire, sure he and his family's massive trust profits directly from a huge multi-national companies that outsource jobs while campaigning against it, sure he is for the war, NAFTA, GATT, WTO, FTAA etc. etc. just like his "Conservative" opponent.
But voting's your civic duty.

   You Conservatives? Re-elect Bush, of course!
   Sure he's got no fiscal responsibility, is increasing government's size, doesn't stand up for you on the social issues you're concerned about, and etc. But ya gotta vote!

Why?  We need you to Le-Git-Imate our government--gotta have the consent of the governed or democracy's in trouble...where were you in Civics?

But only 50% of registered voters usually bother to vote in Pres. elections anyway you say?
  And only about 50% of those eligible to vote bother to register?
So you're saying that the Pres. elections only attract about 25% of those who could participate?
 And that the last few presidents have taken office without even a majority of this fractional number of voters?

Hey!! Who ya calling illegitimate?  Settle down!
It's the voters fault!!....they're plain lazy!!

After all we've done for them---everything we offer them!!
By the way---how about a contribution---we're gonna need to run a lot of negative ads this year.
They're proven to reduce voter turnout, ya see...and...

TL

Joan Opyr <auntiestablishment@hotmail.com> wrote:
Tim writes:

>Yep, Dick and Dub really are rich guys.  Good thing the Democrat party nominated a good ole joe >sixpack type of fella who feels our economic pain!

And then he goes on to tell us that, surprise, surprise, John Kerry is rich too.  Wow.  I'm stunned.  Tim-- are you implying that here, in the United States of America, major political party candidates are not selected from the check-out line at the Wal-Mart?  That we don't look in the oil pit at Jiffy Lube for our commanders in chief?  Good heavens!  From whence will come our generation's Honest Abe, rising from his humble cabin in the woods of Illinois, walking to school barefoot, killin' himself a bear when he was only three . . . no wait, that was Davy Crockett.  Look, until we provide an even-handed social safety net featuring universal health care, a guaranteed living wage for full-time work, and a good, well-funded, accessible state education, I don't think there will be any future presidents born in the Stadium Way Trailer Court.  Sorry.  This is not a meritocracy, and that's a shame.  A terrible shame.

But here's the point of publishing far and wide Dick and George's incredible boondoggle: the mega-rich have handed themselves an enormous tax cut, and their annual savings . . . their SAVINGS . . . thanks to this lop-sided tax cut are far larger than most of our annual incomes.  The rich are truly getting richer, and the poor are getting poorer.  The question, for me, is not whether George and Dick are as rich as John, but what they intend, respectively, to do for those who haven't been born with a silver foot in their mouths -- those who instead got a mouth full of athlete's foot, or Plantar's wart, or toenail fungus.  I hate to get all Biblical on you, but "to whom much is given, from him that much more shall be expected."  Our rampant tax-cutting friends have been systematically turning this maxim on its ear since the early 1970s.  Enough.

It was shocking to discover that George W. Bush had begun to make me feel nostalgic for Richard Nixon, but now I find that Dick Cheney is forcing me to reassess Spiro Agnew.  Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment

--0-1798356579-1081966403=:45631

<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; <EM><STRONG><U>9 out of 10 Demican/Republicrats Agree!</U></STRONG></EM></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; Sure.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; Both candidates are millionaire Yalies with&nbsp;zero&nbsp;insight into the lives of average Americans?&nbsp;So what?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; Don't tell "our" voters/consumers that&nbsp;they're lacking&nbsp;the "vision thing."&nbsp;They&nbsp;should just be happy that we still&nbsp;even have the choice of&nbsp;Coke or Pepsi,,,um.... Demicans/Republicrats.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; Allow other candidates (candidates with their names on the ballots in enough states to win the Presidency) into debates to present their views to voters?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; Naaah, leave it to us---we've gotta repress...er restrict political debate. We dont want&nbsp; "our" debate watching audience&nbsp;getting confused&nbsp;by ideas.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; After all there IS a genuine difference in how these two candidates would handle....um take&nbsp;the war in Iraq for example.&nbsp;Sure they're both for it---one proposed it and the other voted for it. The difference is.....lessseee....oh yeah....Kerry would send 40,000 more troops. Yeah, that's it!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; So you "Liberals" ---go out and "rebel" with JFKerry!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;Show us how radical you are. Sure he's an upper-class elitist muli-millionaire, sure he and his family's massive trust&nbsp;profits directly from a huge multi-national companies that outsource jobs&nbsp;while campaigning against it, sure he is for the war, NAFTA, GATT, WTO, FTAA etc. etc. just like his "Conservative" opponent. </DIV>
<DIV>But voting's your civic duty.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; &nbsp;You Conservatives? Re-elect Bush, of course!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; Sure he's got no fiscal responsibility, is increasing government's size,&nbsp;doesn't stand up for you on the social issues you're concerned about, and etc. But ya gotta vote!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Why?&nbsp; We need you to&nbsp;Le-Git-Imate&nbsp;our government--gotta have&nbsp;the consent of the&nbsp;governed or democracy's in trouble...where were you in Civics?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>But&nbsp;only 50% of registered voters usually&nbsp;bother to vote&nbsp;in&nbsp;Pres. elections anyway you say? </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; And only about 50% of those&nbsp;eligible to vote bother to register? </DIV>
<DIV>So you're saying that the Pres. elections only attract about 25% of those who could participate?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;And that the last few presidents have taken office without even a majority of this fractional number of voters?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Hey!!&nbsp;Who&nbsp;ya calling illegitimate?&nbsp;&nbsp;Settle down!</DIV>
<DIV>It's the voters fault!!....they're&nbsp;plain lazy!! </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>After all we've done for them---everything we offer them!!</DIV>
<DIV>By the way---how about a contribution---we're gonna need to run a lot of negative ads this year. </DIV>
<DIV>They're proven to&nbsp;reduce voter turnout, ya see...and...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>TL<BR></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR><B><I>Joan Opyr &lt;auntiestablishment@hotmail.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<DIV>Tim writes:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;Yep, Dick and Dub really are rich guys.&nbsp; Good thing the Democrat party nominated a good ole joe &gt;sixpack type of fella who feels our economic pain!&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>And&nbsp;then he goes on to tell us that, surprise, surprise, John Kerry is rich too.&nbsp; Wow.&nbsp; I'm stunned.&nbsp; Tim-- are you implying that here, in the United States of America,&nbsp;major&nbsp;political party candidates are not selected from the check-out line at the Wal-Mart?&nbsp; That we don't look&nbsp;in the oil pit at Jiffy Lube for our commanders in chief?&nbsp; Good heavens!&nbsp; From whence will come&nbsp;our&nbsp;generation's Honest Abe, rising from&nbsp;his humble cabin in the woods of Illinois, walking to school&nbsp;barefoot, killin' himself a&nbsp;bear when&nbsp;he was only three . . . no wait, that was Davy Crockett.&nbsp;&nbsp;Look, until we provide an even-handed social safety net featuring universal health care, a guaranteed living wage for full-time work, and a good, well-funded, accessible&nbsp;state education, I don't think there will be&nbsp;any future presidents&nbsp;born in the Stadium Way Trailer Court.&nbsp; Sorry.&nbsp; This is no!
 t a
 meritocracy, and&nbsp;that's a shame.&nbsp; A terrible shame.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But here's the point of publishing far and wide Dick and George's incredible&nbsp;boondoggle:&nbsp;the mega-rich have handed themselves an&nbsp;enormous tax cut, and&nbsp;their annual savings&nbsp;. . .&nbsp;their SAVINGS&nbsp;. . .&nbsp;thanks to this lop-sided tax cut are far larger than most of our&nbsp;annual incomes.&nbsp;&nbsp;The rich are truly getting richer, and the poor are getting poorer.&nbsp; The question, for me, is not whether&nbsp;George and Dick are as rich as John, but what&nbsp;they intend, respectively, to do for those who haven't been born with a silver foot in their mouths -- those who&nbsp;instead got a mouth full of athlete's foot, or&nbsp;Plantar's wart, or toenail fungus.&nbsp; I hate to get all Biblical on you, but "to whom much is given, from him that much more shall be expected."&nbsp; Our&nbsp;rampant&nbsp;tax-cutting friends have been systematically&nbsp;turning this maxim on its&nbsp;ear&nbsp;since the early 1970s.&nbsp; Enough.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It was&nbsp;shocking to&nbsp;discover that&nbsp;George W. Bush had begun to make&nbsp;me feel&nbsp;nostalgic for Richard Nixon, but now I find that Dick Cheney is forcing me to&nbsp;reassess Spiro Agnew.&nbsp; Aaaarrrggghhhh!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><BR clear=all>
<HR>
Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : <A href="http://explorer.msn.com/">http://explorer.msn.com</A><BR>
<P></P></BLOCKQUOTE><p>