[Vision2020] Dick Cheney's 2003 tax savings larger than your annual income.

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:47:38 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C4216E.A58E1D90

Tim writes:

>Yep, Dick and Dub really are rich guys.  Good thing the Democrat party n=
ominated a good ole joe >sixpack type of fella who feels our economic pai=
n!   =20

And then he goes on to tell us that, surprise, surprise, John Kerry is ri=
ch too.  Wow.  I'm stunned.  Tim-- are you implying that here, in the Uni=
ted States of America, major political party candidates are not selected =
from the check-out line at the Wal-Mart?  That we don't look in the oil p=
it at Jiffy Lube for our commanders in chief?  Good heavens!  From whence=
 will come our generation's Honest Abe, rising from his humble cabin in t=
he woods of Illinois, walking to school barefoot, killin' himself a bear =
when he was only three . . . no wait, that was Davy Crockett.  Look, unti=
l we provide an even-handed social safety net featuring universal health =
care, a guaranteed living wage for full-time work, and a good, well-funde=
d, accessible state education, I don't think there will be any future pre=
sidents born in the Stadium Way Trailer Court.  Sorry.  This is not a mer=
itocracy, and that's a shame.  A terrible shame.    =20

But here's the point of publishing far and wide Dick and George's incredi=
ble boondoggle: the mega-rich have handed themselves an enormous tax cut,=
 and their annual savings . . . their SAVINGS . . . thanks to this lop-si=
ded tax cut are far larger than most of our annual incomes.  The rich are=
 truly getting richer, and the poor are getting poorer.  The question, fo=
r me, is not whether George and Dick are as rich as John, but what they i=
ntend, respectively, to do for those who haven't been born with a silver =
foot in their mouths -- those who instead got a mouth full of athlete's f=
oot, or Plantar's wart, or toenail fungus.  I hate to get all Biblical on=
 you, but "to whom much is given, from him that much more shall be expect=
ed."  Our rampant tax-cutting friends have been systematically turning th=
is maxim on its ear since the early 1970s.  Enough.

It was shocking to discover that George W. Bush had begun to make me feel=
 nostalgic for Richard Nixon, but now I find that Dick Cheney is forcing =
me to reassess Spiro Agnew.  Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment    Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explor=
er download : http://explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C4216E.A58E1D90

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Tim writes:</D=
IV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&gt;Yep, Dick and Dub really are rich guys.&nb=
sp; Good thing the Democrat party nominated a good ole joe &gt;sixpack ty=
pe of fella who feels our economic pain!&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</=
DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>And&nbsp;then he goes on to tell us that, sur=
prise, surprise, John Kerry is rich too.&nbsp; Wow.&nbsp; I'm stunned.&nb=
sp; Tim-- are you implying that here, in the United States of America,&nb=
sp;major&nbsp;political party candidates are not selected from the check-=
out line at the Wal-Mart?&nbsp; That we don't look&nbsp;in the oil pit at=
 Jiffy Lube for our commanders in chief?&nbsp; Good heavens!&nbsp; From w=
hence will come&nbsp;our&nbsp;generation's Honest Abe, rising from&nbsp;h=
is humble cabin in the woods of Illinois, walking to school&nbsp;barefoot=
, killin' himself a&nbsp;bear when&nbsp;he was only three . . . no wait, =
that was Davy Crockett.&nbsp;&nbsp;Look, until we provide an even-handed =
social safety net featuring universal health care, a guaranteed living wa=
ge for full-time work, and a good, well-funded, accessible&nbsp;state edu=
cation, I don't think there will be&nbsp;any future presidents&nbsp;born =
in the Stadium Way Trailer Court.&nbsp; Sorry.&nbsp; This is not a merito=
cracy, and&nbsp;that's a shame.&nbsp; A terrible shame.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
 </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>But here's the point of publishing far and=
 wide Dick and George's incredible&nbsp;boondoggle:&nbsp;the mega-rich ha=
ve handed themselves an&nbsp;enormous tax cut, and&nbsp;their annual savi=
ngs&nbsp;. . .&nbsp;their SAVINGS&nbsp;. . .&nbsp;thanks to this lop-side=
d tax cut are far larger than most of our&nbsp;annual incomes.&nbsp;&nbsp=
;The rich are truly getting richer, and the poor are getting poorer.&nbsp=
; The question, for me, is not whether&nbsp;George and Dick are as rich a=
s John, but what&nbsp;they intend, respectively, to do for those who have=
n't been born with a silver foot in their mouths -- those who&nbsp;instea=
d got a mouth full of athlete's foot, or&nbsp;Plantar's wart, or toenail =
fungus.&nbsp; I hate to get all Biblical on you, but "to whom much is giv=
en, from him that much more shall be expected."&nbsp; Our&nbsp;rampant&nb=
sp;tax-cutting friends have been systematically&nbsp;turning this maxim o=
n its&nbsp;ear&nbsp;since the early 1970s.&nbsp; Enough.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp=
;</DIV> <DIV>It was&nbsp;shocking to&nbsp;discover that&nbsp;George W. Bu=
sh had begun to make&nbsp;me feel&nbsp;nostalgic for Richard Nixon, but n=
ow I find that Dick Cheney is forcing me to&nbsp;reassess Spiro Agnew.&nb=
sp; Aaaarrrggghhhh!</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Joan Opyr/Auntie Establi=
shment&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML><br c=
lear=3Dall><hr>Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : <a hr=

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C4216E.A58E1D90--