[Vision2020] Score one for the KKK!

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 05:59:46 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C41F8A.3119AA50

The key word, ladies and gentlemen, is "respect", as in "respect the
differences".  AT&T in no way requires its employees to adopt (or even pay
tribute to) the "differences of others".

This place is developing a slightly homophobic smell.

Take care,

Tom "free to be you and me" Hansen
Not On The Palouse, NOT EVER

  -----Original Message-----
  From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]On
Behalf Of Paul Duffau
  Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2004 10:57 PM
  To: vision2020@moscow.com
  Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Score one for the KKK!

  Donovan,

  A few questions for you...
  At 07:30 PM 4/10/04 -0700, you wrote:

    1) Why target Homosexuals? Why not Jews, they have different lifestyles
that is objectionable to Christians? Or how about Rapists, or Pedophiles, or
Murderers, or Thieves? He went right for Gay people directly. Would not his
argument from his interpretation carry the same weight for Jews? If so, why
not use that instead, I think you know the answer to that. It is more
expectable to target gays and lesbians than Jews.

  What lifestyle aspect of judaism would Christians find objectionable?
Are the rapists, pedophiles, murderers, or thieves addressed in the Old
Testament as well as the New?  What about current law?  What treatment do
they receive in each?

    2) Second, the company is not asking for acceptance of "behavior" just
orientation. Lifestyle is not one specific behavior and can include and
exclude certain behaviors and still be considered the same lifestyle.

  Please explain how it is possible to be gay without a behavioral
difference.  Can an individual disagree with an orientation but still
provide equality of service?

    3) Third, if the man is a "Christian" because he follows "Christ", then
let him show exactly when "Christ" spoke against, or denied Gays "respect
and value."

  Please indicate where the Christ spoke in favor of same.

    4) If he was a Christian, why would he not gladly quit his job and let
Christ take care of him instead of seeking earthly materialistic goods in
return for his "Values". Even Judas gave the money back.

  Because other, earthly alternatives are currently provided.  Please
explain the significance of the the Judas analogy - it's my slow day and I
lost you in the wilderness.

    5) Why would anyone want to work for a company that they do not agree
with?

  Why not -  bills still need to be paid.  Many people are enormously
dissatisfied with their work or employer yet continue to stay at their
current job.  Should they forfeit their responsibilities to family and quit?

    6) Why should a company have to keep employees that will not value the
customer and just not discriminate against them. When I go into a store, I
don't want to be just not discriminated against, I want to be a "valued
customer". If a business does not value me then I will go someplace else. If
this effect is multiplied, that business will face a loss, and go out of
business. This is an unbearable burden for a business.

  If the employee does not discriminate against you, how will you know that
they do not value you?  Are you psychic?  Using personal experiences: 1)
demonstrate how in your life you have provided discriminatory service to a
person or group on the basis or in spite of disagreement with some aspect of
their behavior; or 2)  Please explain how you managed to provide said
service despite your beliefs and why this individual could not emulate your
example.

    This is just a BS way of twisting words to stop gays and lesbians from
achieving equality in workplace and marketplace. PERIOD.

  Please expand on how words have been twisted in this case.  Please define
"equality in the workplace and marketplace".  Along the same vein, please
explain the KKK reference since I did not see it in the original article.
(Not a defence of the KKK or any other racist entity!!!!!)

    Respectfully,

    Donovan J Arnold

  Equally Respectfully,

  Paul Duffau

  ps.  I thought that I would ignore this thread as silly since the courts
have presented a fait accompli  (subject to review by higher courts) but it
seems that someone is lonely and needs attention so I thought I might as
well ask a few questions and maybe learn a few things as well as relieve
some boredom.

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C41F8A.3119AA50

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D332355512-11042004><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>The =
key word,=20
ladies and gentlemen, is "respect", as in "respect the =
differences".&nbsp;=20
AT&amp;T in no way requires its employees to adopt (or even pay tribute =
to) the=20
"differences of others".</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D332355512-11042004><FONT color=3D#0000ff=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D332355512-11042004><FONT color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>This place is=20
developing a slightly homophobic smell.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D332355512-11042004><FONT color=3D#0000ff=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D332355512-11042004><FONT color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>Take=20
care,</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D332355512-11042004><FONT color=3D#0000ff=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D332355512-11042004><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>Tom =
"free to be=20
you and me" Hansen</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D332355512-11042004><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>Not =
On The=20
Palouse, NOT EVER</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D332355512-11042004></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px =
solid">
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
vision2020-admin@moscow.com=20
  [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]<B>On Behalf Of </B>Paul=20
  Duffau<BR><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, April 10, 2004 10:57 PM<BR><B>To:</B> =

  vision2020@moscow.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> RE: [Vision2020] Score one =
for the=20
  KKK!<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>Donovan,<BR><BR>A few questions for =
you...<BR>At=20
  07:30 PM 4/10/04 -0700, you wrote:<BR><BR>
  <BLOCKQUOTE cite=3D"" type=3D"cite">1) Why target Homosexuals? Why not =
Jews,=20
    they have different lifestyles that is objectionable to Christians? =
Or how=20
    about Rapists, or Pedophiles, or Murderers, or Thieves? He went =
right for=20
    Gay people directly. Would not his argument from his interpretation =
carry=20
    the same weight for Jews? If so, why not use that instead, I think =
you know=20
    the answer to that. It is more expectable to target gays and =
lesbians than=20
    Jews.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>What <B><I>lifestyle</B> </I>aspect of judaism =
would=20
  Christians find objectionable?&nbsp;&nbsp; Are the rapists, =
pedophiles,=20
  murderers, or thieves addressed in the Old Testament as well as the =
New?&nbsp;=20
  What about current law?&nbsp; What treatment do they receive in =
each?&nbsp;=20
  <BR><BR>
  <BLOCKQUOTE cite=3D"" type=3D"cite">2) Second, the company is not =
asking for=20
    acceptance of "behavior" just orientation. Lifestyle is not one =
specific=20
    behavior and can include and exclude certain behaviors and still be=20
    considered the same lifestyle.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Please explain how it =
is=20
  possible to be gay without a behavioral difference.&nbsp; Can an =
individual=20
  disagree with an orientation but still provide equality of=20
service?<BR><BR><BR>
  <BLOCKQUOTE cite=3D"" type=3D"cite">3) Third, if the man is a =
"Christian"=20
    because he follows "Christ", then let him show exactly when "Christ" =
spoke=20
    against, or denied Gays "respect and value."</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Please =
indicate=20
  where the Christ spoke in favor of same.<BR><BR><BR>
  <BLOCKQUOTE cite=3D"" type=3D"cite">4) If he was a Christian, why =
would he not=20
    gladly quit his job and let Christ take care of him instead of =
seeking=20
    earthly materialistic goods in return for his "Values". Even Judas =
gave the=20
    money back.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Because other, earthly alternatives are =
currently=20
  provided.&nbsp; Please explain the significance of the the Judas =
analogy -=20
  it's my slow day and I lost you in the wilderness.<BR><BR><BR>
  <BLOCKQUOTE cite=3D"" type=3D"cite">5) Why would anyone want to work =
for a=20
    company that they do not agree with?</BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR>Why not =
-&nbsp; bills=20
  still need to be paid.&nbsp; Many people are enormously dissatisfied =
with=20
  their work or employer yet continue to stay at their current =
job.&nbsp; Should=20
  they forfeit their responsibilities to family and quit?<BR><BR><BR>
  <BLOCKQUOTE cite=3D"" type=3D"cite">6) Why should a company have to =
keep=20
    employees that will not value the customer and just not discriminate =
against=20
    them. When I go into a store, I don't want to be just not =
discriminated=20
    against, I want to be a "valued customer". If a business does not =
value me=20
    then I will go someplace else. If this effect is multiplied, that =
business=20
    will face a loss, and go out of business. This is an unbearable =
burden for a=20
    business.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>If the employee does not discriminate =
against you,=20
  how will you know that they do not value you?&nbsp; Are you =
psychic?&nbsp;=20
  Using personal experiences: 1) demonstrate how in your life you have =
provided=20
  discriminatory service to a person or group on the basis or in spite =
of=20
  disagreement with some aspect of their behavior; or 2)&nbsp; Please =
explain=20
  how you managed to provide said service despite your beliefs and why =
this=20
  individual could not emulate your example.<BR><BR>
  <BLOCKQUOTE cite=3D"" type=3D"cite">This is just a BS way of twisting =
words to=20
    stop gays and lesbians from achieving equality in workplace and =
marketplace.=20
    PERIOD.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR>Please expand on how words have been =
twisted in=20
  this case.&nbsp; Please define "equality in the workplace and=20
  marketplace".&nbsp; Along the same vein, please explain the KKK =
reference=20
  since I did not see it in the original article. (Not a defence of the =
KKK or=20
  any other racist entity!!!!!)<BR>
  <BLOCKQUOTE cite=3D"" type=3D"cite">Respectfully,<BR><BR>Donovan J=20
  Arnold</BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR><BR>Equally Respectfully,<BR><BR>Paul=20
  Duffau<BR><BR>ps.&nbsp; I thought that I would ignore this thread as =
silly=20
  since the courts have presented a <I>fait accompli&nbsp; (</I>subject =
to=20
  review by higher courts) but it seems that someone is lonely and needs =

  attention so I thought I might as well ask a few questions and maybe =
learn a=20
  few things as well as relieve&nbsp; some boredom.&nbsp;=20
</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C41F8A.3119AA50--