[Vision2020] Case closed: Future lawyers in training -- Moscow school wins mock trial competition against Bishop Kelly

Don Coombs mushroom@moscow.com
Fri, 09 Apr 2004 13:35:43 -0700

  Art Deco aka W. Fox wrote, in part:
"Asking a witness a question knowing the judge will rule it stricken,
> but getting it before the jury at least once. The Logos team did that a
> few times."
>
> The is exactly the kind of unethical, underhanded behavior that causes
> the populace to rank some lawyers [and all Christ Church Cult
> Leaders] below the bottom rung of the integrity ladder.

I think Wayne is over the top on this. Our judicial system works
(especially if those involved are wealthy) by letting lawyers object to
the questions the opposing lawyers ask, and thus prevent answers. I
would be surprised if many or any of the competing teams in this
competition would rule out asking a question just because they suspected
it might be stricken.

If you want to change student competitions like the one in question it
may be necessary to change our judicial system. Be my guest.

Meanwhile, I congratulate the Logos team.

Don Coombs