[Vision2020] Fw: Iraq

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 19:33:39 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C41B44.E570D680

Hi all,

Mike Finkbiner is no longer active on 2020, but he reads the Digest and a=
sked me to forward this.

Joan

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Finkbiner
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 2:48 PM
To: auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Subject: Iraq

One of the saddest things I see about the Iraq situation is that people a=
re arguing about why we got into this mess instead of working on finding =
a solution.

Setting the administration's failures aside for a moment, I think we need=
 to work towards building a solution in Iraq that:

1) Allows the Iraqi people to develop a government that provides stabilit=
y and the rule of law.

2) Does not further inflame the region.

3) Demonstrates the US can carry out a reasonable plan, rather than floun=
der from mistake to mistake.

I don't know if the current administration is capable of making that happ=
en.  I'm afraid there might not be <anyone> who could make it happen, but=
 if we spend most of our energy arguing over the cause rather than workin=
g towards the solution, we are just going to end up in a worse mess.

The Bush administration has demonstrated an ugly level of dishonesty over=
 this whole affair, but what's worse, I'm afraid, is that they have demon=
strated a high level of ignorance and incompetance.

Stupid and lazy people don't cause many problems, intelligent and active =
people tend to solve problems, stupid and active people are capable of ma=
king a real mess.

But it's a mess we can't honorably walk away from so I hope we can concen=
trate finding a solution that works.

Bush deserves to get tossed out on his ear.  I hope Kerry can do that wit=
hout promising to abandon the Iraqi people.

Mike

Mike Finkbiner
mike_l_f@hotmail.com

Civilization is not something inborn or imperishable; it must be acquired=
 anew by every generation.
- Will DurantGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://=
explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C41B44.E570D680

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Hi all,</DIV> =
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Mike Finkbiner is no longer active on 2020, but he=
 reads the Digest and asked me to forward this.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <=
DIV>Joan</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;=
 PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MAR=