[Vision2020] Iraq on the brink of civil war - What is to be done?

thansen@moscow.com thansen@moscow.com
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 23:05:00 GMT

My suggestion would be to (since King George has stuck our neck out) remain
there until June 30th when the new Iraqi government should be emplaced.

The minute the new leader of Iraq takes office, I wouldn't have our troops in
country long enough to cast a shadow.

The idea of emplacing a new regime and them sticking around to ensure security
for that regime is too reminiscent of Vietnam.  I heard it said on the news
this afternoon that King George intends on keeping troops in Iraq for a long
time after elections and the constitution is enacted.

As the song goes:

One, two, three.  What are we fighting for?
Don't ask me.  I don't give a damn.

Well . . . you know the rest.

Take care,

Tom Hansen