[Vision2020] Iraq on the brink of civil war?

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 13:28:03 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0003_01C41B11.D27EB610

Melynda reminds us:

>Terrible things are happening all over the world.  The U.S is doing almo=
st =20
>nothing about nearly all of them.  So what made Iraq the absolute top =20
>priority?  Was military action the only option?  And whatever our reason=
, =20
>was it worth so many lives--Iraqi and U.S.?

And that reminds me, this past Saturday was the 10th anniversary of the b=
eginning of the Rwandan genocide, when 800,000 Tutsi men, women, and chil=
dren were hacked to death with machetes by the Hutu majority.  Plans for =
the genocide were announced on the radio in advance, and Hutu Christian c=
hurches were recruited to assist in the effort.  Meanwhile, the United St=
ates, Europe, and the rest of the world stood by twiddling their collecti=
ve thumbs.

It's not a question of whether or not Saddam Hussein was a bad man who ne=
eded to be removed from power; he was, and he did.  However, it might hav=
e been a good idea A) not to have put him power in the first place, B) no=
t to have supplied him with the chemical and biological weapons he so fam=
ously used on the Iranians and the Kurds, and C) to have learned the less=
ons of our own sad history in creating and/or propping up mad dictators j=
ust because they temporarily suit our purpose.  Manuel Noriega.  Papa Doc=
  Baby Doc.  General Pinochet.  Ferdinand Marcos.  Battista.  The Shah. =
 The House of Saud.  I'd try to list them all, but I'm afraid of getting =
carpal tunnel.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment  Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer=
 download : http://explorer.msn.com

------=_NextPart_001_0003_01C41B11.D27EB610

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Melynda remind=
s us:</DIV> <DIV><BR>&gt;Terrible things are happening all over the world=
&nbsp; The U.S is doing almost <BR>&gt;nothing about nearly all of them.=
&nbsp; So what made Iraq the absolute top <BR>&gt;priority?&nbsp; Was mil=
itary action the only option?&nbsp; And whatever our reason, <BR>&gt;was =
it worth so many lives--Iraqi and U.S.?<BR><BR></DIV> <DIV>And that remin=
ds me, this past Saturday was the 10th anniversary of the beginning of th=
e Rwandan genocide, when 800,000 Tutsi men, women, and children were hack=
ed to death with machetes by the Hutu majority.&nbsp; Plans for the genoc=
ide were announced on the radio in advance, and Hutu&nbsp;Christian churc=
hes were&nbsp;recruited to assist in the effort.&nbsp; Meanwhile,&nbsp;th=
e United States, Europe, and the rest of the world stood by twiddling the=
ir collective thumbs.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>It's not a question of=
 whether or not Saddam Hussein was a bad man who needed to be removed fro=
m power; he was, and he did.&nbsp; However, it might have been a good ide=
a A) not to have put him power in the first place, B) not to have supplie=
d him with the chemical and biological weapons he so famously used on the=
 Iranians and the Kurds, and C) to have learned the lessons of our own sa=
d history in creating and/or propping up mad dictators just because they =
temporarily suit our purpose.&nbsp; Manuel Noriega.&nbsp; Papa Doc.&nbsp;=
 Baby Doc.&nbsp; General Pinochet.&nbsp; Ferdinand Marcos.&nbsp; Battista=
&nbsp; The Shah.&nbsp; The House of Saud.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'd try to list the=
m all, but I'm afraid of getting carpal tunnel.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <=
DIV>Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment&nbsp; </DIV></BODY></HTML><br clear=3D=
all><hr>Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : <a href=3D'h=

------=_NextPart_001_0003_01C41B11.D27EB610--