[Vision2020] The Story of Chernobyl - In Pictures

Dan Carscallen predator75@moscow.com
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:21:56 -0700

I saw this a while back (linked to it from a dirt bike site) and Dick is
right, it is very sobering.  If you have the time, check it out.  The
gal is a good writer as well.

DC

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]
On Behalf Of Dick Schmidt
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 10:11 AM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] The Story of Chernobyl - In Pictures

All,

Some of you know that my grandparents came from Russia and I am trying
to learn what I can of their existence there. I just received the
following note this morning which I would like to share with you which
shows what is left from the worst nuclear disaster in history.  It will
take 30-45 minutes to view the website depending on how long it takes
the pictures to download. The pictures are very moving.

Dick Schmidt

"-> STUNNING PHOTOS OF A NUCLEAR WASTELAND IN UKRAINE
In 1986, the world was shocked by the worst nuclear accident in
history--at Chernobyl, in Ukraine. Nearly the entire population for
miles around was evacuated.

A motorcyclist named Elena has documented this industrial devastation,
in a Web site appropriately entitled Ghost Town. Handsome Harley Drew,
who has a big job on the air and behind the scenes at WGAC in Augusta,
GA, told me about it. I was entranced by it. I think you will be, too.

I hesitate to recommend it only because we will probably overwhelm it.
If you have trouble getting through, just keep trying. It's worth it.
Elena's site is located at:"
   http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/