[Vision2020] The Story of Chernobyl - In Pictures

Dick Schmidt dickschmidt@moscow.com
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:11:19 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C41AF6.56A69050

All,

Some of you know that my grandparents came from Russia and I am trying =
to learn what I can of their existence there. I just received the =
following note this morning which I would like to share with you which =
shows what is left from the worst nuclear disaster in history.  It will =
take 30-45 minutes to view the website depending on how long it takes =
the pictures to download. The pictures are very moving.

Dick Schmidt

"-> STUNNING PHOTOS OF A NUCLEAR WASTELAND IN UKRAINE
In 1986, the world was shocked by the worst nuclear accident in
history--at Chernobyl, in Ukraine. Nearly the entire population for
miles around was evacuated.

A motorcyclist named Elena has documented this industrial devastation,
in a Web site appropriately entitled Ghost Town. Handsome Harley Drew,
who has a big job on the air and behind the scenes at WGAC in Augusta,
GA, told me about it. I was entranced by it. I think you will be, too.

I hesitate to recommend it only because we will probably overwhelm it.
If you have trouble getting through, just keep trying. It's worth it.
Elena's site is located at:"
   http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/=20

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C41AF6.56A69050

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>All,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Some of you know that my grandparents came from Russia and I am =
trying to=20
learn what I can of their existence there. I just received the following =
note=20
this morning which I would like to share with you which shows what is =
left from=20
the worst nuclear disaster in history.&nbsp; It will take 30-45 minutes =
to view=20
the website depending on how long it takes the pictures to=20
download.&nbsp;The&nbsp;pictures are very moving.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dick Schmidt</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>"-&gt; STUNNING PHOTOS OF A NUCLEAR WASTELAND IN UKRAINE<BR>In =
1986, the=20
world was shocked by the worst nuclear accident in<BR>history--at =
Chernobyl, in=20
Ukraine. Nearly the entire population for<BR>miles around was=20
evacuated.<BR><BR>A motorcyclist named Elena has documented this =
industrial=20
devastation,<BR>in a Web site appropriately entitled Ghost Town. =
Handsome Harley=20
Drew,<BR>who has a big job on the air and behind the scenes at WGAC in=20
Augusta,<BR>GA, told me about it. I was entranced by it. I think you =
will be,=20
too.<BR><BR>I hesitate to recommend it only because we will probably =
overwhelm=20
it.<BR>If you have trouble getting through, just keep trying. It's worth =

it.<BR>Elena's site is located at:"<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; <A=20
href=3D"http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/">http://www.angelf=
ire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/</A>&nbsp;<BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C41AF6.56A69050--