[Vision2020] Vandals

Devin Cole dcole@pacsim.com
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:25:06 -0700

Tim Lohrmann said:

" I think the UCLA position you mentioned is the one
I was thinking about. "

I am pretty sure the position offerred Cable was that of Offensive
Coordinator and just as sure that it was UCLA.  I would expect Cable to
stick with the Vandals for a variety of reasons but primarily loyalty to
his staff, finish what he started, and his moving on has the potential
to disrupt two programs not just one.

However, the reverse is not necessarily true, in that the UI could
decide to hand him his walking papers, based on dismal performance.  I
am undecided as to the cost/benefit of doing so mid-season vs. waiting
until the season is over.  So, I do not see Cable deciding to stay as
the issue, as much as I see the issue being UI handing over the reigns
to someone else (while keeping the majority of the staff in place).

Devin Cole