[Vision2020] Vandals

Devin Cole dcole@pacsim.com
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:33:30 -0700

Carl,

A friend and I were just discussing this subject this morning, and our
conclusion was a bit contrary to your theory.  (I rank his football
expertise above mine, so I will not speak for him.  However, I have no
expertise in this area other than being an avid fan.  Therefore, I would
say it is quite possible I have no idea what I am talking about either.)

I would like to take the same scenario of the high school student with
the high 1-AA, low 1-A abilities.  You have the choice of a good 1-AA
team with a potential playoff run, or a guarantee you will play
Washington State, Washington, (maybe LSU) and get some potential (at
minimum regional) media coverage in a low end 1-A conference.  That
being my decision, I like the 1-A exposure more than the potential at a
1-AA playoff run.

I would also say that theory is supported by the talent level of the
players Idaho has fielded this year.

Sincerely,
Devin Cole

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]
On Behalf Of Carl Westberg
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 12:23 PM
To: dcole@pacsim.com; vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: Re: FW: [Vision2020] Vandals

Well, I'll take a shot at a possible cause and effect scenario.  Be
advised
that it's quite possible I have no idea what I'm talking about.  I'd go
so
far as to say it's a lead pipe certainty, but why should that stop me?
If a
high school football player with good 1-AA abilities, and lower Division
1
(Idaho) talent has a choice between a winning 1-AA program, a shot at a
conference championship, and in the case of 1-AA, a national playoff run

(all which Idaho used to have), or a Division 1 team that averages a win

every time Idaho elects a Democrat, might he not lean toward the former?

                                                Carl Westberg Jr.