[Vision2020] Wesley Clark debate

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold@hotmail.com
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:01:41 -0700

<P>"And (again, for the umpteenth time) my opinion of Clark is based not on my<BR>personal experience, but on statements shared with me by friends that served<BR>under him for a longer time."</P>
<P>That is fine Mr. Hansen, if that is the case. But I think you should make your own opinions, not base them on what your firends think. You also have been unable to produce one friend that backs your claims.</P>
<P>But enough of this, it has degenerated to personal attacks instead of talking about Clark. It is clear that we will never agree on the issue. I take my opinions on the facts and the people that did serve under Clark. </P>
<P>Donovan J Arnold<BR><BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Tom Hansen" <THANSEN@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Reply-To: <THANSEN@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: "Donovan Arnold" <DONOVANARNOLD@HOTMAIL.COM>, <DMCOURTN@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;CC: <VISION2020@MOSCOW.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Wesley Clark debate
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 07:16:35 -0700
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;In his glorious wit (or lack thereof) Mr. Arnold stated:
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;"To explain it more clearly. Mr. Hansen was making up scrap about Clark. So
<DIV></DIV>&gt;in turn, I was calling him on the fact that he really never served under
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Clark. I would have just taken Mr. Hansen on his own word if he was neutral
<DIV></DIV>&gt;on the subject. So, I was giving him scrap by bring up the facts that Clark
<DIV></DIV>&gt;did not take over Ft. Irwin Operations until August and Mr. Hansen left in
<DIV></DIV>&gt;September, meaning he is not there long enough to give an informed opinion
<DIV></DIV>&gt;of Clark's abilities or inabilities."
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I was simply stating my opinion that Clark is pompous. You may have
<DIV></DIV>&gt;construed it as a statement of fact. You apparently are struggling with
<DIV></DIV>&gt;your ability to segregate implied statements of fact and expressed opinion.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;By "neutral" I assume that you mean for me to fall in line with you and your
<DIV></DIV>&gt;fellow lemmings?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;And (again, for the umpteenth time) my opinion of Clark is based not on my
<DIV></DIV>&gt;personal experience, but on statements shared with me by friends that served
<DIV></DIV>&gt;under him for a longer time.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;At first, yoiu simply wanted evidence that I was at Fort Irwin at the time
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Colonel Clark was Commander of Operations Group. I offered a scanned
<DIV></DIV>&gt;picture of me (then SFC Hansen) being awarde the Army Commendation Medal by
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Colonel Clark. I wen on to say that I do not like him based on comments by
<DIV></DIV>&gt;my friends (see above). You (applying your infinite wit) suggested that I
<DIV></DIV>&gt;have my friends provide you copies of their retired Army ID cards.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Now who is twisting (mangling) what, Arnold?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Tom Hansen
<DIV></DIV>&gt;SFC, US Army (Retired)
<DIV></DIV>&gt;