[Vision2020] traffic woes endurable

Thomas Hansen tomh@uidaho.edu
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:14:59 -0700

My impression is that anything that adversely impacts on the financial
bottom line of oil companies will be bought out or dealt with severely in
court.

I recall that a number of years ago an engeering student out of University
of Washington designed a vehicle that operated in excess of 80 miles per
gallon.  For some strange reason that vehicle never made it to the showroom
floor.  My guess is that the student copyrighted the engine design, some
major oil company bought out the copyright, and that student is living on
his own island somewhere in the Puget Sound.

See you at the races.