[Vision2020] traffic woes

Ted Moffett ted_moffett@hotmail.com
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 20:33:54 +0000

------=_NextPart_000_1e89_4365_5ee5

Donovan et. al.

More follow-up.

You asked about large loads (laundry, groceries) on a bike?  Did you read
what I wrote previously?  Three wheel bikes can carry a lot.

But let's get down to where the rubber meets the road: our economy is so
structured around buying, wearing out, repairing, trading in for the newest
style, refueling and driving, for every whim, internal combustion engine
vehicles, that if my suggestions about downsizing the use of and impact of
these vehicles on our lives was followed, it would put people out of work!
Or some other industry would need to fill the gap.

I give up.  I just saw an ad for a Hummer.  Now that's my idea of carrying
capacity.  Way cool, dude!  If you can't beat'em, join'em!  Pump that oil
faster and faster!  Just don't buy beach front property, or buy the property
at a higher elevation that will become the new beach when the ocean levels
rise due to melting of the polar ice caps from global warming.  CO2
emissions anyone?  Find at the nearest tail pipe.

Ted

>From: "Donovan Arnold" <donovanarnold@hotmail.com>
>To: ted_moffett@hotmail.com, rhayes@turbonet.com
>CC: vision2020@moscow.com
>Subject: Re: [Vision2020] traffic woes
>Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 00:39:02 -0700

Send and receive larger attachments with Hotmail Extra Storage.
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

------=_NextPart_000_1e89_4365_5ee5