[Vision2020] Intolerance

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:02:31 -0700

With due respect to those talking about boycotting businesses owned by
people of opposing worldviews, I offer this as an opinion from an admitted
Leftist.  I quote from Yale College dean Richard Brodhead, in an address to
incoming freshmen recently.  This quote, incidentally, comes from a New York
Times editorial by Thomas Friedman in yesterday's edition.  "Above all,
don't limit your associations to people who agree with you...Who do we
suppose will be able to deal more constructively with the challenges of our
time: people who have only ever experienced preaching to the converted, or
people who tested their understanding against the countervailing
understandings of others?"

Carl Westberg Jr.

http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es