[Vision2020] A thought about last night's game

John Danahy jdanahy@turbonet.com
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:53:35 -0700

Oh how low the faux mighty have fallen!!!

Pedro was yet another victim of the Babe whispering in his ear.  "Stay in,
Stay in, you can do it!"

If Boston really wants to get serious, they will find that damn piano!!

John

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com] On
Behalf Of Tim Lohrmann
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 10:24 AM
To: Carl Westberg
Cc: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: Re: [Vision2020] A thought about last night's game

Why oh why was Pedro left in to destroy all his
excellent work in the previous 6 innings???

What we saw last night was an example of how truly
sinister and pernicious Yankeeism can be.
If you don't believe the Yanks are evil--just look at
a picture of Mariano Rivera ---the insolent sneer, the
souless gaze, the effortless toying with batting
champions---something just isn't "earthly" there.
And Rivera is only one example.
No need to even contemplate the ultimate horrors that
must course through Joe Torre's mind as he glowers in
his shadowy dugout.

Only good thing about the Yankees' win last night?
Who cares who wins now? Fish-Shmish.
   TL