[Vision2020] Alturas

Tim Lohrmann timlohr@yahoo.com
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 10:07:41 -0700 (PDT)

Barbara,
     What purpose is served by implying that those
questioning Alturas' fidelity to its original mission
are somehow anti-business?
    Actually the opposite is true.
    The citizens who are keeping an eye on how Alturas
is developing supported its original mission-- to
retain high-tech businesses in the Moscow area.

    What they don't support is a change of its mission
to allow tax supported office space that could be
found elsewhere.

   It may be true that population growth will
inevitably lead to some sprawl--but many Moscow
citizens don't support allowing tax-supported entities
to facilitate such sprawl.

   That is the issue.
   Why not keep this discussion on point?

   Pinning the "anti-business" label upon those with
legitimate questions and concerns about Alturas'
operations doesn't serve any constructive purpose.
   Except to obfuscate the real issues.
  TL