[Vision2020] FM Improvement; another option

Bruce and Jean Livingston jeanlivingston@turbonet.com
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:46:54 -0700

I think it is fine to forward to the Moscow Arts Commission the idea of
moving the Farmer's Market from downtown to the fairgrounds, but I have to
say that I am fairly strongly opposed to the idea, in part based on the
notion that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."   I am in favor of
considering ideas to "tweak" the Market, but an idea that constitutes such a
radical change to the Market is going to have to marshal very strong
arguments for moving it to the Fairgrounds before I can support that
proposal.

Perhaps there could be an expansion of the Market, in terms of the time of
year, which might include special "November to March" Market sessions
(bi-weekly, monthly trials?) at the Fairgrounds for more arts and crafts
type sales, but a wholesale transplantation to the Fairgrounds of the
Farmer's Market as we know it is not something that makes sense to me.

Bruce Livingston
Commissioner, Moscow Arts Commission