[Vision2020] FM Improvement; another option

Judy B. LaLonde judyb@uidaho.edu
Fri, 03 Oct 2003 11:35:51 -0700

I disagree that the fairgrounds would be a good place for the Farmer's
Market.

1. I believe the fairgrounds are used many, many weekends, especially in the
summer, by other venues (horseshows, auctions, etc.) during the summer.
These events bring people to the region, where they spend money. I wouldn't
want that to stop.

2. Having the Farmer's Market in downtown Moscow brings people downtown and
helps keep the downtown area vital. Historically, we know that the more
shopping mall/centers, etc. grown on the fringes of town, the fewer people
come downtown, and puts that area at risk. I'm in favor of doing all we can
to keep downtown alive and well.

3. Yes, vendors from downtown could set up; BUT, every week is different
from once a year--and you can make Gyros, but you can't make food like the
Breakfast Club offers or, etc. etc.

I could probably think of more reasons if I tried.
Respectfully,

Judy B. LaLonde
Moscow