[Vision2020] here's an idea

Thomas Hansen tomh@uidaho.edu
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:33:07 -0700

Question for you lawyers out there -

Since companies do sell our e-mail addresses, postal mailing addresses, home
phone numbers, etc. etc. to othere companies, could this be considered an
invasion of privacy?

The university is not permitted to provide such information about its
employees without their consent, why should companies be able to sell such
information?

 -----Original Message-----
From: Tina Cunningham [mailto:kittz_cat@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 2:19 PM
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] here's an idea

Visionaries....

There has been much debate over the Do-Not-Call  issue.  I have been reading
everyone's responses and thinking about the issue very seriously.
Companies that we consumers do business with are selling our names, phone
numbers and addresses.  We are responsible for all of the mail and phone
calls we receive.  By signing up for a cheaper rate with Sprint, we open the
door for junk mail, e-mail, and annoying telemarketers.
If we are not interested in being bothered, we sould patent our names.
Every time a company sells our name, we would have to be paid. That might
seem pretty undesirable to companies, thus they would not sell our names.
This is just an idea....I'm no lawyer, so I don't know if this is even a
possible idea.  I welcome comments and ideas from others.

Tina Cunningham
Moscow

"Would you not like to be.....sittin on top of the world with your legs
hanging free....." **Dave Matthews Band

Do you Yahoo!?