[Vision2020] here's an idea

Tina Cunningham kittz_cat@yahoo.com
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:18:51 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1890651636-1065129531=:70111

Visionaries....

There has been much debate over the Do-Not-Call  issue.  I have been reading everyone's responses and thinking about the issue very seriously.
Companies that we consumers do business with are selling our names, phone numbers and addresses.  We are responsible for all of the mail and phone calls we receive.  By signing up for a cheaper rate with Sprint, we open the door for junk mail, e-mail, and annoying telemarketers.
If we are not interested in being bothered, we sould patent our names.  Every time a company sells our name, we would have to be paid. That might seem pretty undesirable to companies, thus they would not sell our names.
This is just an idea....I'm no lawyer, so I don't know if this is even a possible idea.  I welcome comments and ideas from others.

Tina Cunningham
Moscow

"Would you not like to be.....sittin on top of the world with your legs hanging free....."  **Dave Matthews Band

--0-1890651636-1065129531=:70111

<DIV>Visionaries....</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>There has been much debate over the Do-Not-Call&nbsp; issue.&nbsp; I have been reading everyone's responses and thinking about the issue very seriously.</DIV>
<DIV>Companies that we consumers do business with are <EM><STRONG>selling </STRONG></EM>our names, phone numbers and addresses.&nbsp; We are responsible for all of the mail and phone calls we receive.&nbsp; By signing up for a cheaper rate with Sprint, we open the door for junk mail, e-mail, and annoying telemarketers.</DIV>
<DIV>If we are not interested in being bothered, we sould patent our names.&nbsp; Every time a company sells our name, <EM><STRONG>we</STRONG></EM> would have to be paid. That might seem pretty undesirable to companies, thus they would not sell our names.</DIV>
<DIV>This is just an idea....I'm no lawyer, so I don't know if this is even a possible idea.&nbsp; I welcome comments and ideas from others.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Tina Cunningham</DIV>
<DIV>Moscow</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><BR><BR>"Would you not like to be.....sittin on top of the world with your legs hanging free....."  **Dave Matthews Band<p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1890651636-1065129531=:70111--