[Vision2020] secular humanists?!

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 00:11:04 EST

--part1_d3.259c9ea1.2cf6e168_boundary

Eric,

The reason I am living in Moscow, ID is for two reasons. 1) I just finished
up my degree at UI. 2) I was born here, my Mother was born here, Grandmother
calls Moscow Home, and Great grandmother and Great grandfather are buried here.
This may surprise you, but my great great great Grandmother was living in the
Northern part of the United States long before it was even part of the United
States.

So I haven't left the United States for the same reason that most Chinese
don't leave China, most Russians don't Russian, most Africans don't leave Africa,
regardless of what tyrants and political systems they may be experiencing,
because this is the culture I know and understand, where my family resides, and
practices the language and religion I is practiced.

I think it is great that you have traveled the world, I envy that. I have
only been to two other countries, Mexico and Canada, and about 30 states.

My attack was not on your observation of what is going on in other countries.
I am sure the United States is the best place for capitalistic entrepreneurs
and materialists.

However, I don't think that is what makes a country great. What I think makes
a country great is when it treats all members of society fairly and equally
and doesn't go around bombing other innocent people in other countries.

The United States has the highest number of murders in the world

The United States has no socialized medical care system

The United States practices the Death Penalty

The United States discriminates

I could go on, but these are the things that make the United States less then
prefect and less desirable than other nations.

I remember a story about the leader of a small African nation being asked how
he felt about how his nation rating at the bottom of the GNP index. He asked
what was the GNP, he was told it stood for Gross National Product. He just
laughed and said, that doesn't matter, what matters is the Gross National
Happiness, and my nation is at the top of the list.

All I can do is what most people do, make the best of what they have and hope
and pray and work to make the city, county, and nation they reside in a bit
better for the baby being born. Running away is not what makes a nation or a
people better. I choose to stay and try to make this nation safer and more just
its' citizens and its' neighbors in the world.

Donovan

--part1_d3.259c9ea1.2cf6e168_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Eric,<BR>
<BR>
The reason I am living in Moscow, ID is for two reasons. 1) I just finished=20=
up my degree at UI. 2) I was born here, my Mother was born here, Grandmother=
 calls Moscow Home, and Great grandmother and Great grandfather are buried h=
ere. This may surprise you, but my great great great Grandmother was living=20=
in the Northern part of the United States long before it was even part of th=
e United States. <BR>
<BR>
So I haven't left the United States for the same reason that most Chinese do=
n't leave China, most Russians don't Russian, most Africans don't leave Afri=
ca, regardless of what tyrants and political systems they may be experiencin=
g, because this is the culture I know and understand, where my family reside=
s, and practices the language and religion I is practiced. <BR>
<BR>
I think it is great that you have traveled the world, I envy that. I have on=
ly been to two other countries, Mexico and Canada, and about 30 states. <BR>
<BR>
My attack was not on your observation of what is going on in other countries=
. I am sure the United States is the best place for capitalistic entrepreneu=
rs and materialists. <BR>
<BR>
However, I don't think that is what makes a country great. What I think make=
s a country great is when it treats all members of society fairly and equall=
y and doesn't go around bombing other innocent people in other countries.<BR=

<BR>
The United States has the highest number of murders in the world<BR>
<BR>
The United States has no socialized medical care system<BR>
<BR>
The United States practices the Death Penalty<BR>
<BR>
The United States discriminates<BR>
<BR>
I could go on, but these are the things that make the United States less the=
n prefect and less desirable than other nations.<BR>
<BR>
I remember a story about the leader of a small African nation being asked ho=
w he felt about how his nation rating at the bottom of the GNP index. He ask=
ed what was the GNP, he was told it stood for Gross National Product. He jus=
t laughed and said, that doesn't matter, what matters is the Gross National=20=
Happiness, and my nation is at the top of the list.<BR>
<BR>
All I can do is what most people do, make the best of what they have and hop=
e and pray and work to make the city, county, and nation they reside in a bi=
t better for the baby being born. Running away is not what makes a nation or=
 a people better. I choose to stay and try to make this nation safer and mor=
e just its' citizens and its' neighbors in the world.<BR>
<BR>
Donovan<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>