[Vision2020] Re: Slaves vs non slave ownership

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 03:23:06 EST

--part1_9c.38337789.2cedd3ea_boundary

I was going to write an email explaining why slavery was evil but it dawned
on me halfway through it that it was incredibly stupid to have to write it in
the year 2003 AD.
If you want to know why people think Idaho is so behind the times, it is
because of people like Doug Wilson and Christ Church. While the rest of the
country is debating if Gays and Lesbians deserve the right to marry, here we are in
Moscow debating Slavery. Good grief! I was thinking that Idaho was still stuck
in the 50's, but I was thinking the 1950's not the 1850's.
If someone still thinks that Slavery was not ever a sin, come on down to my
neighborhood. There is a really nice old lady that needs a slave to help her
out.

Donovan

In a message dated 11/19/03 7:03:35 PM Pacific Standard Time,
wellstep@turbonet.com writes:

> To own a slave is not what he recommends or supports;however
>  IF a slave is owned then treat him/her correctly and in a Godly
>  manner.  What on earth is so difficult for anyone to understand?
>
> I just don't get it.
>
> There are plenty of issues that Jesus never specifically spoke about,
>  but his general admonition still covers it all: The Golden Rules need
> to be remembered and followed.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Jackie Woolf

--part1_9c.38337789.2cedd3ea_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I was going to write an email explaining why slavery w=
as evil but it dawned on me halfway through it that it was incredibly stupid=
 to have to write it in the year 2003 AD. <BR>
If you want to know why people think Idaho is so behind the times, it is bec=
ause of people like Doug Wilson and Christ Church. While the rest of the cou=
ntry is debating if Gays and Lesbians deserve the right to marry, here we ar=
e in Moscow debating Slavery. Good grief! I was thinking that Idaho was stil=
l stuck in the 50's, but I was thinking the 1950's not the 1850's.<BR>
If someone still thinks that Slavery was not ever a sin, come on down to my=20=
neighborhood. There is a really nice old lady that needs a slave to help her=
 out.<BR>
<BR>
Donovan<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
In a message dated 11/19/03 7:03:35 PM Pacific Standard Time, wellstep@turbo=
net.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">To own a slave is not what he r=
ecommends or supports;however<BR>
 IF a slave is owned then treat him/her correctly and in a Godly<BR>
 manner.&nbsp; What on earth is so difficult for anyone to understand?<BR>
&nbsp; <BR>
I just don't get it.<BR>
&nbsp; <BR>
There are plenty of issues that Jesus never specifically spoke about,<BR>
 but his general admonition still covers it all: The Golden Rules need <BR>
to be remembered and followed.<BR>
&nbsp; <BR>
Thank you.<BR>
&nbsp; <BR>