[Vision2020] UI and WSU statements on slavery issue

Mushroom mushroom@moscow.com
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:33:27 -0800

> Thomas Hansen wrote:
>
> Thank you, Mr. London.  I realize that neither UI nor WSU
> in any way, shape, form or fashion sponsor such a lecture
> and SINCERELY APPRECIATE THEIR RESPECTIVE PRESIDENTS' > FORTHRIGHTNESS.
>
>      From: bill london [mailto:london@moscow.com]
>      Subject: UI and WSU statements on
>      slavery issue
>
>      Both the UI and WSU Presidents issued statements
>      about the slavery issue and the use of UI
>      facilities FOR A CONFERENCE SPONSORED BY AN ORGANIZATION        >      SUPPORTING SLAVERY. (Emphasis added by D.C.)

I have a hard time appreciating anybody's forthrightness
when I feel pretty sure NO organization currently sponsoring
a conference at the UI supports slavery.

The WSU president has over-reacted. Weeks earlier, the Daily
News over-reported (which is a crashingly big euphemism for
performed poorly).

Some people involved in this have gotten several hours more
than their 15-minutes of deserved media attention. Me, I'm
only up to 39 seconds.

Don Coombs