[Vision2020] Devisiveness Must Stop

Dale Courtney dmcourtn@moscow.com
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 19:44:38 -0800

Andreas writes:
> Here's a little quote from one of Christ Church's circle of
> friends, Gary North

Hey everyone! Andreas is picking my friends for me! Such a liberal thing to
do! Next he'll be telling me where I should send my children to school!

FWIW, North isn't in *my* "circle of friends".

Andreas, quoting PBS, quoting Moyers, quoting North, says:

> "We must use the doctrine of religious liberty to gain
> independence for Christian schools until we train up a
> generation of people who know that there is no religious
> neutrality... Then they will get busy in constructing a
> Bible-based social, political, and religious order which
> finally denies the religious liberty of the enemies of God."
>
> Boy, what schools could he be talking about?

None of the schools in Moscow that I'm aware of. Do you know something that
I don't know?

FWIW, North's positions don't represent mine; nor do they represent anyone
that I'm aware of other than himself.

I'm for educational liberty. That liberty extends to you, to me, and to
those who disagree with me. That's liberty, not totalitarianism -- if you
see the difference.

So do me a favor, please don't try and pick my friends for me; and don't
lump me in with people with whom I disagree. Deal? Thanks.

Best,
Dale