[Vision2020] Devisiveness Must Stop

Andreas Schou scho8053@uidaho.edu
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:07:41 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Dale Courtney <dmcourtn@moscow.com>
Date: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 12:00 pm
Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Devisiveness Must Stop

> Don wrote:
> > I realize that some people outside of Moscow and off Vision
> > 2020 also have referred to public schools as "government
> > schools." But it's not common usage, and people on Vision
> > 2020 who use "government schools" aren't doing it to
> > communicate, they're doing it to zing the public schools and
> > the people who support them.
>
> I have to disagree. In *your* circle of friends it may not be called
> government schools. But there is a vast movement afoot (if you haven't
> noticed) for privatizing education. That's the school-choice
> movement; the
> voucher initiatives (all over the country); and those for educational
> tax-rebates.

Here's a little quote from one of Christ Church's circle of friends, Gary North, a fellow Christian Reconstructionist:

"We must use the doctrine of religious liberty to gain independence for Christian schools until we train up a generation of people who know that there is no religious neutrality... Then they will get busy in constructing a Bible-based social, political, and religious order which finally denies the religious liberty of the enemies of God."

Boy, what schools could he be talking about?

--Gary North, Institute for Christian Economics, quoted in Bill Moyers' "God and Politics," PBS, 1987