[Vision2020] Deep in the Matrix a Voice is Heard Whispering...

Doug Jones credenda@moscow.com
Fri, 23 May 2003 15:35:07 -0400

Wayne pounds table again, murmurs word 'cult' as argument:

> Unfortunately DJ does not appear to understand that logic deals with
> relations between statements in a language to one another.  . . .
> Smoke screening the issue is a common tactic of charlatans. . . . a
common tactic at the >cult.

Come on, Wayne, you can't really be as unreflective as you're coming
across. Talk like a grown-up for just once. I've understood this claim,
rebutted it several times, linked you to a larger critique, and
challenged you and others to provide us with little packets of logical
necessity you claim to find in your computers and between statements.
Statements are merely strings of physical symbols on a surface: where is
this magical immaterial logical necessity that binds them? Physical
necessity is not logical necessity, or else logicians are physicists.
You're supposedly an empiricist. Then step up to the lab with your
handful of logical necessity.

Nothing I'm saying is unique to me. Read some history of logic; read
about the ontology of logic. But don't lecture us with dead theories and
ignorant slogans.

When you stop confusing physical necessity with logical necessity, I'll
answer your question-begging challenge. But we all know you can't. And
if you can't grasp the basic ontology of a contradiction, why should I
try to answer your confused challenge?

Doug Jones